Over the next few weeks, you should expect some changes within Eduphoria Rights Management. Previously, there were some features granted to those with specific roles. To provide more access to those features we had added additional rights so those can be granted to more users.
These changes will eventually lead to the ability to create and assign Custom Roles to users in the future. In most cases, these changes are entirely transparent to districts. Detailed below are specific areas that should be noted. Italicized items below should be considered by System Administrators to restore prior functionality.
- Previously managing Student Supports was granted to those with the right to "View Student Tests". This right was granted to those in the roles Principal, Campus Administrator, Data Administrator, and Limited Student Data Viewer. A new right was created specifically for "Manage Supports" and was granted to those with the Campus Administrator and Data Administrator roles.
If you would like for anyone other than Campus or Data Administrator to have Student Support management, you can grant those users the "Manage Supports" right.
- Users with Campus Administrator or District Administrator roles will no longer be able to view reports; only Principal and District Data Viewer will have this access. Assign these users the "Analyze Tests" right for them to continue having access to test data and reports.
- Student forms where Assign, Edit, View, or Delete are set to "Principals or District Administrators" will now be controlled by four new rights. Principals, District Administrators, and District Data Viewers will be granted these new rights and will be able to perform these actions on the relevant forms. The wording within the software was updated to reflect this change. No action is needed.
- The Principal role now recognizes assigned campuses within the role. Previously the role would use the campuses assigned to the user in their profile.
- Those with the right to "View Lesson Plans" can now leave notes on teachers' plans. Previously this was limited to the Principal Role.
- You can now independently control if Principals and other Admin users in Forethought have a lesson planner. The right "Remove Planner" can be unchecked for Principals to provide a personal planner. This has been a requested feature so admin users can view and experience the planner as a teacher would.
Strive (Rolling out week of 6/1)
- Now, those with Approve PD Credit at all locations can approve PD credits instead of just PD Admins. Wording in the app was updated. Now those with District wide Approve PD Credits rights can edit PD Credit requests.
- District and School Course Editor have the ability to assign Course Managers to a PD Course or eCourse. Previously this was only granted to PD Admin. To limit this functionality, remove the right "Assign Course Managers".
- Limited Course Creator can now create School Courses at any school they are assigned the "Create Courses" right. This role was previously bound to only be able to create school courses at the schools they were assigned in their profile.
- PD Data Imports are now controlled by a separate right. Previously this feature was only available to the PD Admin. This can be granted to other users.
- Previously the Course Credit Report would always include the Staff Id number for those in the PD Admin role. This has been changed to only include Staff Id if Staff Id is NOT based on the Attendee’s SSN. Anyone who can print the report can now view the locally assigned Staff Id number.
- Course deletion was previously granted to all course creators. This is now a separate right that can be removed from any user.
- (Soon) Conference creation will be managed by its own right ("Manage Conferences"). This was previously only granted to PD Admins.
- No functional changes. There is an additional right granted to "System Administrator" to enable managing all Departments in Helpdesk. This functionality was previously controlled by checking the role itself.
Facilities & Events
- There are no functional changes to any role within Facilities and Events.
- There are no functional changes to any role within Formspace.
More details about further role and right management updates will be shared over the coming months. We will continue to update this article with more information and resources as they become available.