Cohort groups show how the same group of students has performed over time.
Two options exist when working with cohorts: Cohorts and Cohorts, Looking Back. Use the Cohorts option when selecting a test in the past. Use the Cohorts, Looking Back option when viewing a current test.
- Once a test is selected, click the Edit button
- On the Tests Tab, add a test from a previous year by dragging the test to the right
- In the drop-down list, place a check mark next to the option Summarize Selected Tests As a Cohort
- Select the Where They Were icon to view the campuses that the students were on when they took the test
- Click Update
- Only the students that took the test that year will be displayed, along with all tests taken since that date
Note: To view students for the current year, select a current test and choose Summarize Selected Tests As a Cohort, Looking Back. The results can also be viewed at the Teacher Level to show how the teacher has added value.
Note: In the example below, the Compare Across Tests icon is selected to view the column titles across tests.