Use this analytic tool to examine specific document data in up to 3 groups across schools, appraisee types, appraisers, grade levels and subjects taught.
Step 1: Select Document Analysis from the top header option.
Step 2: Select a document from the list of Available Documents. This pulls from your list of documents available in your district Evaluation Templates in Appraisal Settings.
Step 3: Select the Time Period for the analysis
- To change the time period click the blank for the dates
- Use the arrow keys to navigate to a different calendar month and click on the date to start
- This new date will appear as the start date in the blank
- Navigate to the second date and click on the date to end the reporting time period
- This new date will appear as the end date in the blank
Step 4: Set your Analysis Groups (up to 3 groups)
*Note: Selections are optional in each group to help you direct analysis to more specific data sets.
- Select the Schools to analyze in your first group
- Select the Appraisee Types to analyze in your first group
- Select Subjects to analyze subject areas in your first group
- Select Grade Levels to analyze in your first group
- Select Appraisers to analyze in your first group
- Note: By clicking on a campus, it will select the entire group of appraisers for the campus. You can select specific appraisers by clicking just the option next to each appraiser for the campus.
- In the Group header, you can view options selected for each analytic group.
- Click the X next to an option to remove it from each group
- Clear All is a button available at the bottom of the screen to remove all filters.
- Click the + Additional Group button to create another analysis group and follow the steps above to select options to analyze
Step 5: When ready, click the Analyze button to receive your data analysis.
Navigate Document Analysis
In this screen, it is important to note all the various tools for viewing and collapsing information to improve your screen view.
- Click the Edit button (pencil icon) at the top to make changes to your data and group sources.
- Click the collapse arrows on the right side to close each individual Data and/or People panels.
- Click the Hide Inputs button to collapse both the Data and People panels in one click.
- Click the Chart/Table toggle to switch the view from chart to a table.
In this particular view, the analysis is examining an evaluation template "T-TESS Teacher Walkthrough D1-3" for Dimension 1.1: Standards and Alignment. In the illustration below, the image on the left is a screenshot of the evaluation template with the corresponding data in the Document Analysis chart.
Use the Chart/Table toggle to view percentage comparisons for each analyzed group. A print button is in development.