Aware Test Authors who want to import tests they built outside of Aware, for example in ExamView, are able to do so using the "Create New Test from ZIP File" option. Note: This importer will not bring in any standards.
Choosing this option will start a test creation workflow that first prompts you for a file containing your test.
A few things to note:
- ExamView supports sections of matching items, and Aware Tests do not. Any test from ExamView with matching items will skip those items upon import.
- ExamView items that import into Aware Tests as constructed-response items will default to a score range of 0-4. Aware Test Authors should adjust these appropriately.
- ExamView items that import into Aware Tests as numerical response items will default to "floating decimal" with "allow negative values" selected. Aware Test Authors should adjust these appropriately.
- ExamView True/False items will import into Aware Tests as multiple-choice items with two response options.
- ExamView does not have an item type to match Aware Tests' resource items. Aware Test Authors will be able to create appropriate resource items and link them to the imported items.
For more information about creating assessments, check out these resources: