Creating an Evaluation Process for your appraisee types will inform both the appraiser and appraisee of the specific steps, tasks, documents and due dates for the evaluation year. The Evaluation Process Status report can be used to gauge individual progress and ensure compliance with local policies if due dates are included in an appraisee type.
Create an Evaluation Process
If you do not have an appraisee type or need to create one:
- In Strive, click on Settings, Appraisal Settings
- Select Appraisee Types
- Click New Appraisee Type at the bottom of the screen
- Enter the name of the Appraisee Type and click Next
- Click Finish to edit the appraisee type
Once you have created an appraisee type, click on it to select it from the list.
- In the Appraisee Type Options tab, select the Framework from the drop-down menu you want to tie to the appraisee type. This will set the standards for the user to select when creating a professional goal.
If you used this Appraisee Type in the past, you will see an evaluation process step called Default Step in the list that will include a Default Task with all the documents that you used in the past. If this is a new Appraisee Type for your district, the evaluation process will be blank.
Use the New button to create steps and tasks tied to the evaluation process.
- A Step is a container for specific tasks. It is the header for the container of tasks. You can use the header to provide additional information about the process.
- Tasks are items connected to documents or enhanced goal setting features. You can set a required submission number and due date to tasks.
- Click New and select New Step
- Give the step a name and click Update
- Select the step, click New and select New Task
- When the Process Task appears at the right, you will be able to
- Change the task Title,
- Select the Task Type from the options provided,
- Professional Goal
- Student Growth Goal
- Choose the Evaluation Templates if Document is the type of task chosen,
- Set a Due Date for the task,
- Enter the Requirements if required, and
- Click Update.
- Click Save.
- Click Update Existing Process Instances when you are ready to push out changes to all users.
*Note: If you were editing an existing Appraisee Type, and you need to remove Default steps or other steps/tasks, select the item and click the red "X" icon in the menu bar for Evaluation Process. Save and Update Existing Process Instances after deleting items.
Additional Evaluation Process Examples: