Mastery helps educators identify students who demonstrate mastery of skills over time. This tool allows educators to identify key groups of students and monitor their mastery of standards over the course of an academic year. Mastery empowers teachers to track student mastery of standards and permits administrators to observe student progress.
The Mastery Tracker works with the following assessments administered through or imported into Aware:
- Local Test Types
Mastery aggregates student data connected to learning standards.
Note: Mastery will not display data from test questions that are not aligned to standards.
A teacher with rostered classes or a user with an approved student access list can create Mastery Trackers. Users with the View Student Tests right can view a teacher’s Mastery Trackers but cannot edit them.
- Click Create Tracker.
- Enter a Title, Description (if desired), Add Course, Subject, Grade Level, and Test Type associated with the tracker.
- Select Create & Continue.
- Select assessments (or skip this step for now) and click Next.
- Select students (or skip this step for now) and click Finish.
Note: No data will populate into a Mastery Tracker until users select assessments and students. Teachers can add this information to the tracker later as needed.
Part 1: Create Tracker
Step 1: Click Create Tracker to open a new modal showing the process for creating a Mastery Tracker.
Step 2: Enter a Title, Description, and Curriculum Course associated with the tracker. Required fields are indicated with an asterisk. Additional steps appear in the modal after adding a Curriculum Course.
- The Title can notate the tracker’s purpose or group.
- The Description (optional) can provide additional information about the tracker.
- The Add Course button ties the tracker to a specific Curriculum Course. You can tie a tracker to one course only.
Step 3: Select the Subject, Grade Level, and Test Type associated with the tracker. An asterisk appears next to all required fields.
- The Subject and Grade Level fields may automatically populate based on the Curriculum Course. The teacher can change these fields.
- Test Types are all selected by default. Teachers can click Select None, Select All, or select and deselect individual Test Types as desired.
Step 4: Click Create & Continue when ready.
Part 2: Select Assessments
Step 1: Select the checkboxes next to the assessments you want to be included in the tracker. If you want to skip the step for now, click Next.
Note: No data will populate into a Mastery Tracker until assessments and students are selected. Teachers can add this information to the tracker later as needed.
Search for assessments with the Years, Grade, Subject, and Test Type filters or by typing the name of the assessment in the search field. Eduphoria recommends teachers strategically select assessments to count for student mastery of standards. Selected tests automatically move to the top of the assessment list.
Teachers can manually add new tests to a tracker as the school year progresses. Tests from inactive years cannot be added to a tracker.
Step 2: Click Next to continue.
Part 3: Select Students
Step 1: Click the checkbox next to a class period or list to add all students connected to the class or list. To select individual students, click the drop-down arrow next to the class period or list. Adding students requires the user to have rostered courses or approved lists.
Step 2: Click Finish to open the new tracker.
Note: No data will populate into a Mastery Tracker until you have selected students. You can add students to the Tracker later as needed.