Any data view in Aware can be edited so teachers have the ability to customize the information to meet their needs. Once new views are created, they can be saved and the teacher may use them as templates. New data views can be shared with other district personnel. Saving and sharing templates is discussed in another article. Note: This example shows a teacher's workflow for creating a new data view; administrators have more options to make their custom views available to teachers.
1. Choose a test from Quick Views under the Analyze tab in Aware.
2. Select the Edit button.
There are a few options available for creating customized data.
- Tests tab - allows you to change or add tests to view and summarize multiple tests you are viewing
- Columns tab - allows you to select information for a view
- Summarize tab - allows you to summarize information by rows. Summarize is most often needed when summarizing district, campus, or teacher summary views. You can also summarize data within a subpopulation on the summarize tab.
Create a Pre- and Post-Test Data View
Replicate the steps below to begin comparing results across assessments. This example compares a pre-test and a post-test.
The Tests tab will display the test that is currently being viewed. All other tests for the district are located in the folders and can be added to enable multi-test analysis and viewing.
The test currently being viewed will be on the right.
To add or choose another test:
1. Select the + sign next to the test type.
2. Select the appropriate test.
3. Drag and drop it to the right.
To remove a test, drag it back to the list on the left.
Include the number of assessments you would like to compare on the right. You may drag to reorder the assessments. The tests will appear in your updated report in the same order they are listed in the Tests tab.
The Columns tab contains the actual test information that can be viewed.
1. Click the + sign next to a Scores folder to display the information options available.
Note: These will be the column headings in the view and the information requested will be displayed below the column heading in a table format.
2. To remove a column, drag it back over to the left.
The Summarize tab provides different ways to summarize data for the information selected on the Columns tab. The data will typically appear as a row. On the Summarize tab, select the + next to a folder to expand the available options and drag information over to the right. Information will be displayed in rows. You may also omit this information by selecting Clear at the bottom.
Finalizing The View
1. Click update on the bottom right to display your updated data view.
2. Click Save As a New View. The updated data view is available on the Analyze tab under My Saved Views.
Note: When a data view is saved it will appear at the bottom of the list with the title of the original view. In this example, the updated data view saved as Student Scores.
3. To rename the updated data view, select Edit and type your new title. Click Save.