A system administrator must enable password complexity.
Note: If the district is authenticating with Active Directory (AD), this feature doesn't apply. When authenticating with Active Directory, password complexity is configured in AD.
To enable password complexity:
- Go to Management > Organization tab > District Settings > Security tab
- Check box to Enable Password Complexity.
- Set Password Expiration Frequency by adding the number of days to force users to reset their passwords. To set the option for passwords not to expire, set the number to zero (0). If you would like users to reset passwords every 90 days, enter “90” into the box.
- Click Save.
- The next time a user chooses to change passwords, the complexity options will be enforced.
- To force users to update passwords using the complexity rules, go to: Management > Organization > Manage Users > Manage User Profiles > Click "Reset Profile Check" at the top
Reset Profile Check
This will force all users to update passwords the next time they login to Eduphoria.
Users resetting passwords:
Once enabled, users will be required to meet the following requirements for setting up a new complex password:
- Be at least 8 characters
- Both passwords must match
- 3 out of the 4 following character sets are met
- Contain an uppercase letter
- Contain a lowercase letter
- Contain a number
- Contain a special character (!, @, #, $, %, ^, *, (, ), -, _, =, +)