For the last several years, user access to student data on Economically Disadvantaged status has been an individual user right assigned per user. To provide a more streamlined option for management of access to this data, an Economically Disadvantaged category is now available in the Configuration Options for Data Administrators. This view will allow Aware Administrators to assign Group Access to "Eco Dis" data for User Types. Administrators can also assign Individual Access under Management/Rights as they have in the past.
Setting Group Access
Under the Analyze tab, select Quick Views. Then select Configuration Options at the bottom of the left-hand navigation bar. There are three levels of access that can be assigned to three types of users.
The three types of users are:
- District - any user with the District Data Viewer role or Rights to Analyze Tests for all schools
- Campus - any user with the Principal role or Rights to Analyze Tests for at least one school
- Teacher - Any rostered teacher or any user that has an approved Monitor List
The three levels of access are:
- No access to Economically Disadvantaged information
- Summary level access
- Summary & individual student level access
The Summary Level is the default access assigned to all three user types.
Setting Individual Access
The Right of View Student Economic Status can still be enabled for individuals. If the right is enabled, the user will have access to individual student-level data regardless of the group access assignment.
Article is closed for comments.