Editing your schedule will not remove your lesson plans from the previous grading period. These do not go away! Editing your schedule is to help you access a planner to match the courses you are teaching during the grading term. You can se as many schedules as you need. Each schedule contains course entries and special entries (preps), such as notes, planning period information, or sub notes. Your lesson planner can be changed to fit any changes in the year’s schedule.
Quick Guide for Editing a Schedule:
- In the My Planner tab, select Change My Settings and then select My Schedules.
- Select your Schedule from the list and select Edit Schedule.
- Rename the Schedule if needed and select Next.
Quick Guide to Add a New Entry (Prep) to Your Schedule:
- Select Add an Entry on the Add Entries to the Schedule screen.
- Select the first option: A Course with Learning Standards and select Next.
- Drill down through the Course Tree to select the course standards for the new entry and then select Next.
- It is optional to rename the Entry on the screen but recommended to keep the name tied to the learning standards for the entry.
*Note: If your district is using Aware AND your district roster is updated, you can select the courses matched to the entry. If you are not yet seeing your courses for the new term listed, the roster update has not been completed.
Quick Guide to Re-Order Your Schedule Entries:
- On the list of your Entries, select an entry and use the Move Up/Move Down buttons to set the order you will see in your planner.
|Watch a video demonstration on Editing an Existing Schedule.
|Watch a video demonstration on Adding/Editing Entries in a Schedule.
|Watch a video demonstration on Re-ordering Entries/Courses in a Schedule
Editing Your Schedule
- Select Change My Settings
- Select My Schedules
- Select your schedule and then click Edit Schedule.
If you want to create an entirely new schedule, it might be best to click Remove Schedule to remove last year's schedule and then Add a Schedule.
*Note: Removing last year’s schedule does not erase or modify information from last year.
- Edit the name of your schedule on this screen as needed and then click Next.
- Select one of your entries and then use the buttons on the right for the option you want to complete: Edit Entry, Move Up, Move Down, or Remove Entry.
- Repeat as needed for the number of entries in your schedule.
If you are teaching a NEW COURSE, you will need to click "Add an Entry" to add this course to your planner schedule.
If you are not teaching a PREVIOUS COURSE, you will need to click "Remove Entry" to remove the entry from your schedule. Remember: removing an entry from your schedule does NOT erase or modify information already in your planner.
- Edit the name of the entry. Best practice is to include times or period numbers to help organize the entries.
For Aware Customers Only
Select the course from your Master Schedule to connect test data of students to your entries in Forethought. You can select multiple classes to connect to an entry. For example, if you teach three preps of math, check all the math classes that use that course’s curriculum. This will allow teachers access to the TEST tab from Aware to create and manage teacher tests.
Complete the wizard by clicking Begin Using Forethought.