Aware test authors may want to import assessments they built in ExamView. Only ExamView WebCT CE 4-6/Visa 3-4 files are supported for importing into Aware.
Before you import an ExamView assessment into Aware, there are a few differences worth noting:
- ExamView supports sections of matching items, and Aware assessments do not. Any test from ExamView with matching items will skip those items upon import.
- ExamView items that import into Aware assessments as constructed response items will default to a score range of 0-4. Aware test authors should adjust these appropriately.
- ExamView items that import into Aware assessments as numerical response items will default to Floating Decimal with Allow negative values selected. Aware test authors should adjust these appropriately.
- ExamView True/False items will import into Aware assessments as multiple-choice items with two response options.
- ExamView does not have an item type to match Aware assessments’ resource items. Aware test authors will be able to create appropriate resource items and link them to the imported items.
Creating a New Assessment From a ZIP File
Step 1: In Aware, select Author under Assessments.
Step 2: Select New Assessment, then choose Create New Assessment from ZIP File to open the file importer.
Note: This importer will not bring in any standards.
Step 3: Choosing this option will start a test creation workflow that first prompts you for a file containing your test.
For more information about creating assessments, check out these resources: