Conference managers and contributors can add multiple sessions at multiple locations throughout the length of the conference. Sessions can take place in person or in virtual meeting areas.
To add Sessions, conference managers and contributors can either click the + Add Session button or select a time block on the calendar or location view.
Session Details include the following:
- Session Date
- Start Time
- End Time
- Virtual Session Link
- Room Location
- Max Attendees
- Professional Learning Credits
- Learning Tracks
Conference managers and contributors can also duplicate and delete a session.
There are multiple views for session planning with the time blocks: Calendar View, List View, and Location View.
Calendar View provides the time blocks by dates set in Conference Details.
List View provides a list of all sessions by time.
Location View provides the time blocks by locations selected in the Conference Details.
Virtual Session Link
A session can include a link to a virtual meeting space such as GoogleMeet, Zoom, or another video conference option. Links will appear on the conference scheduler for registered attendees.
Districts can create a Training Location in Workshop Settings for virtual meetings or conferences. Training locations can be added to a conference session, in addition to the Virtual Session Link, to help participants reference the link as a virtual meeting space instead of a building or room.
Conference Session Setting
Participant View of Session
Room Location includes only the rooms selected in Conference Details. Select a Room from the list for each session. Max Attendees corresponds to the settings for the room in Workshop Settings > Workshop Setup > Training Locations. The system will display a warning message if the number goes over the Max Attendees value attached to the location in Workshop Settings.
Adding Professional Learning Credits to a Session
Follow these steps to add professional learning credits to a session:
- Click on Add Credit Type to select from the Credit Types available in Workshop Settings > Workshop Setup > Credit Types.
- Select credit types or enter terms on the search line to find a specific credit type.
- Click Credit Type to add it to the Credits for the session.
- Provide a value for the Credit Type awarded by entering a number or using the arrows to increase/decrease the value.
Note: To enter decimal values for credits, enter a numeric value before the decimal. For example, enter half credits as 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, etc.
Selecting Learning Tracks
Click on Learning Tracks to add descriptors to the session, which will allow users to filter and sort by the associated track. The Learning Tracks list must be created in Conference Details.
Selected Learning Tracks will change color. Unselected Learning Tracks will remain grey.
To add one or more instructors, follow these steps:
- Click Add Instructor to select from the Instructors available in Workshop Settings > Workshop Setup > Instructors.
- Scroll through the list of Instructors or enter a name in the search bar to find the instructor to add to the session.
- Select an Instructor by clicking on a name. Multiple Instructors can be added to Sessions.