In the Tickets tab, there are options for managing ticket submissions.
- View my Open Requests - views all open tickets waiting to be completed by the assigned technicians
- My Pending Surveys - Surveys pending completion to help give feedback about services provided
- Review My Requests - view of all completed requests
Clicking on View My Open Requests will show a list of all open requests in order from oldest to newest. Click on any request in the list to view the specific details and update that request.
Inside the ticket, there are options on the top toolbar to help manage and update information on submitted tickets:
- Add Note - Add comments to requests for the assigned technician to view. The assigned technician will be able to add notes and the entire communication thread is kept inside the ticket.
- Attach Files - Add additional files to the request.
- Delete - Removes the ticket from being submitted.
- Print Details - Prints the ticket including notes and the Statistics information that includes the history of the request, who it was assigned to and for how long.
- Email Ticket - Forwards all ticket information by email to the person selected.
The information box inside the ticket includes the details of the submission along with who the ticket is Assigned To.
Also, next to the requestor's name in the From: section is a "+" button in case additional requesters need to be added to the ticket for monitoring progress. Click the "+" button to search for a user to add them to the ticket progress.
This feature allows for communication between the requestor and the assigned technician while tracking the entire communication thread within the ticket itself.
Complete Survey (optional):
Upon completion of a ticket, a Survey may be attached for the requestor to complete. This is an optional setting in Helpdesk that may be activated by the system administrator. Only on completed tickets will the survey tab be active to be completed by the original requestor.
*Note: Survey results are viewable by the assigned technician and the technician's supervisor in the Helpdesk workflow. Below is the assigned technician's view of the ticket once the survey has been completed by the original requestor.