Aware stores locally created assessment questions in a district-wide item bank as well as purchased item bank questions. Item bank questions are connected to specific standards and are sorted by course.
The item bank is managed by staff members with the Data Administrator or Item Bank Administrator role. Your district can configure Aware to allow access to locally created questions submitted by teachers.
Setting up access and approval for local item banks:
- Set Access Method and Set Default Security allows administrators to set permissions for item bank questions and resources.
- Create User Groups allows administrators to create and manage approval groups.
- Item Bank Workflows allow administrators to manage local processes with approval and notification steps for questions submitted by teachers.
- Approve Pending Questions and Resources Submitted to the Local Item Bank details the last steps in the workflow process.
- Assign Delegates allows assigned individuals full editing rights in a course item bank.
- Create or Remove Delegate allows administrators to add or remove delegate editing rights from a course.
Creating and managing questions in item banks:
- Available Item Banks list separately purchased test bank options that integrate seamlessly with Aware.
- Adding a Resource to a Local Item Bank details how to create custom resources in item banks.
- Creating and Managing Questions in the Local Item Bank details how to create and manage custom item bank questions.
- Adding Item Bank Test Items to Aware Tests explains how teachers can add item bank questions and resources to class assessments.
Accessing data reports from item banks:
- Item Bank Reports describes how to access report templates in downloadable CSV files.