What should I do to troubleshoot if my questions are not copying over?
- Look at your Observation and Summative documents side by side. If they are completely different, they will most likely not copy.
- Make sure that both your Observation and Summative templates have the questions connected or tagged to a Framework/Dimension.
- Confirm the text in the questions match.
- For comments to copy from an Observation to a Summative, the Item Name for both Comment boxes must match exactly. This includes spacing and punctuation.
- If the Observation Comment Box is named "Evidence 1.1:" and the Summative Comment Box is named "1.1 Evidence:", then the comments will not copy from the Observation to the Summative
If I have tagged my questions in the Observation template, will that copy over to my new Summative template if I create a new Summative template with the copy feature?
Yes, tagged questions will copy over.
What if I have not tagged my templates to the framework dimensions? Can I still do that?
Yes, you can go in and tag your questions to the dimensions at any time. Just be sure to Save and then select Update Existing Documents.
What happens if I remove the existing summative document and someone has used that form to do a summative?
If you remove a summative document from the appraisee type and there are summative documents already created, those documents will be moved to the Other Documents section.
Will it copy comments and ratings from another administrator or only the appraiser of record?
Regardless of who created the observation, it will copy any rating or comment into the summative.
When I check the box to import the observation data in the Template Options, do I have to select Update Existing Documents?
No, you do not. Technically, this setting cannot be retroactive, so there is no need to update any documents that have already been created.
I see that I can copy an Evaluation Template into a Summative. Does that mean that the comments will copy over just like the Observations?
Not at this time. We know this will be requested, but to ensure we got the feature out for observations, this will happen for next year.
How does the data copy from the Observation to the Summative?
There is an algorithm that matches based on the following fields.
First, the logic looks at the question type, for example the number of columns for a matrix question. Then, the logic looks for tagged dimensions. Finally, the logic looks for matching text.