Only staff members with the Data Administrator role can Configure Test Types.
Configuring Test Types
Test types can be created to help organize tests on the Assessments tab.
- From the Assessments tab, select Configure Test Types.
- Choose Add a Test Type in the lower-left corner.
- Enter a name for the test type, click Next and Finish.
- Select the appropriate view options for the test type:
- Allow teachers to view the test - teacher will be able to view and analyze the test
- Show test data on the student information Tests tab - the test will be listed on the Tests and Scores tab on the student profile
- Enable summarization on the Analyze tab - the test will be able to be examined on the Analyze tab
- Can be used for Campus level testing (required for Team tests) - this test type will be an option for authors of School level assessments, including teacher Team Tests
- Can be used for District level testing - this test type will be an option for authors of District level assessments
Staff members with the Data Administrator role can create assessments for the district, while staff members with the Campus Administrator role can create assessments for their campus.
Please note, for Test Type management it is advisable to reserve some test types for only District level and some for only School level assessments.
Changing a test type view option from campus level to district level and vice-versa will create a warning if tests already exist in that test type. This allows the data administrator to choose which same level type to place the already existing tests into.
The warning will display upon unchecking a box that contains current tests. The number of assessments currently contained in the affected test type and their test state. This action can be cancelled or a test type at the same level, campus or district, can be chosen to move these assessments into.
Article is closed for comments.