Districts must update standards when new ones are adopted by the state.
Note: Health and PE TEKS are in Eduphoria's system and are ready for districts to update their courses.
Update the TEKS For Any Course
Use the current courses in Forethought, and simply import the newly updated TEKS. Move the older ones to the trash, if desired. Teachers that have used the old course will not have to change their schedule.
- Manage Learning Standards.
- Drill down to a specific course.
- Click on the Options tab.
- Search for a new set of TEKS.
- Check the new.
- Uncheck the old.
- Click Select Courses.
- Click Import Standards from Courses.
Keep in mind that you may want to wait to uncheck the old TEKS until you are finished testing in Aware for these standards.
Deleting Folders/Groups: Cut to Trash
When you are ready to remove the old learning standards, use the Cut to Trash method.
- Select (CTRL-Click), Cut, Course - Trash, CLICK ON FOLDER in Trash, Paste.
- Make sure when you cut a folder from one course to another that you click on the target folder before clicking Paste.
What if I don't have a Trash Course? How do I make one?
A Trash Course is a fast workaround to help remove many standards or folders of standards more quickly than using the delete option within the course.
Creating a Trash Course
- Manage tab > Manage Course Tree
- Click on the name of the district (of the icon of the globe)
- Click New Course
- Type Trash and click Save
- Click Cancel to stop entering new courses
- Click Publish Tree (bottom right corner)
- Go to Manage Learning Standards.
- Click on the new Trash Course just created.
- Click New Group.
- Title it. Click HERE first, then click Paste. Do not publish this course.
- Publish the course, but try not to do it again.
- When your trash gets full, click Discard. All of those folders and standards that were added since the last publish date will be deleted and you saved yourself a ton of time. If you want, create a new Trash Course!
Article is closed for comments.